Translate

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Say "I Love You" Review


            I rarely watch subtitled anime (I have reasons) but ‘Say “I Love You”’ is one of few anime that I’ve actually bothered to watch subbed before it came out in English.

            So to get started let’s go with my biggest pet peeve with the English dub, Mei Tachibana’s voice. They chose a far too girly voice of Mei and I feel it betrays her character a bit. The other voices were pretty good in my book, especially that of Yamato Kurosawa. His voice was pretty much what I dreamed of it to be.


             The animation is fairly good and it’s easily watchable. Not much to say on the animation with this one…

            Now the best for last, the Plot. This is one of my top 5 favorite anime for quite a few reasons. The story line and the characters are very easy to relate to. This plot deals with many of the teenage insecurities. Weight problems, anorexia, bullying, betrayal, self-confidence and self-esteem, being yourself, popularity and romance. Say “I Love You” deals with it all. This anime is a beautiful slice of life that anyone can relate to.

            Another reason this anime is one of my favorites is the character interaction and development. No one in this anime goes without character development. And it doesn’t just happen, you get to watch them realize their true feelings and find themselves.

            I have to give two reviews for this, the English dub and the English sub. The dub gets a pretty high 4.5 out of 5 mainly due to Mei’s English voice actor. The English sub gets a perfect score of 5 out of 5. 

~With Love,
                               Tyler H.


No comments:

Post a Comment